We are unlocking the potential of conversation with deep tech Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Symbl is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our Documentation team, with an aim toward creating world-class documentation. This person will assist in all aspects of the documentation process, from ideation, to development, and maintenance. Reporting to the Lead Technical Writer, this role is critical in supporting growth through enabling our developers and customers to onboard as efficiently as possible!
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be building simple and world-class API documentation for developers
- Understand API functionalities of Symbl.ai and simplify it out for end developers
- Coordinate with the core team to understand the APIs
- Produce high-quality documentation in a standard and consistent manner
- Write easy-to-understand end-user, API
- Develop tutorials that align to common customer use cases
- Careful attention to detail, strong organization, and editing/proofreading skills
- Gather information through product specification docs, interviews and product demos, and product exploration
What skills you will bring:
- 10+ demonstrable experience crafting technical documentation for an array of audiences
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in English/ Communications/ Journalism/ Software Engineering
- Preferred but not mandatory hands-on documentation sites building experience using React Native JS or other Web Programming frameworks
- Familiarity with developer tools such as Github, Markdown syntax
- Experience writing public REST API documentation
- Knowledge of databases, HTML, and XML
- Must be assertive in asking questions, and generally be resourceful in finding answers
- Proven working experience in developing procedural software documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
**** About SYMBL.AI****
What we do:
- Conversation Intelligence (Conversation AI) enables computers to understand, process, and respond to natural, everyday human conversations.
- We enable builders to quickly and easily deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Why you want to meet us:
- We are solving the hardest problems of human conversation by building novel and deep tech AI/ML.
- Our culture creates a high-energy and supportive environment with a multitude of growth opportunities, the chance to make your mark, and a team of exceptional colleagues.
Who we are:
- We are an internationally distributed, multicultural team of smart, humble, and driven innovators who are constantly leveling up personally and professionally.
- We are alumni of Agora, AWS, Goldman Sachs, Postman, Techstars,and Twillio.
Location and hours:
- We are a distributed, remote-first team with centers of gravity in Seattle, Washington and Pune, India. We are open to hiring remotely across the US for this role.
- Our culture is one of self-accountability. You are trusted to determine how and when you do your best work.
- You will work on a team with passionate individuals from around the globe. Collaboration at Symbl regularly requires a flexible schedule.
Compensation, Perks, and Differentiators:
- Healthcare (Medical, dental and vision)
- Continuing education & professional development
- Unlimited PTO-We want employees to take time off & are making sure that employees are doing so. After 90 days (2 business days need to be taken off). After 180 days, an employee should take 1-2 weeks off (if not taken already).
- Employee appreciation events
- Employee swag
- 401K with matching, starting in April 2022
- As our company evolves, so do our benefits. We’re actively innovating how we support our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Symbl.ai. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.