Senior Technical Writer at Powin (Remote)
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About The Company:
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin is seeking a senior technical writer to join our team to create world-class product documentation. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer with a background in hardware/mechanical documentation to include task-based work instructions, as well as the ability to document software applications and create release notes. Experience creating work instructions for high-risk tasks that pay keen attention to safety standards, such as fire, crush, and electrical hazards to include lock out tag out is highly desired. Experience with structured authoring, content management systems and/or knowledge base administration is also highly desired.
The Senior Technical Writer will author and revise documentation for intended audiences by distilling complex technical information from multiple sources into easily understood content. This position requires proactive communication leveraged with the ability to gather accurate information from multiple sources to include engineers, technical product managers and others. An ideal candidate will have experience in renewable energy, transportation, manufacturing, or a similar technical field that includes creating both software and hardware documentation to include task-based instructions, particularly using authoring tools coupled with a content management system and/or knowledge base.
- Create, revise, and maintain comprehensive documentation for supporting the installation and maintenance of Powin’s utility scale modular battery energy storage systems, to include installation & maintenance manuals, product manuals, software release notes and a variety of other technical documents
- Populate, maintain, and introduce improvements to Powin’s content management system/knowledge base
- Attend monthly project planning meetings onsite in the Portland, OR area
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical writer in relevant disciplines
- Excellent written, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Experience writing manufacturing and/or maintenance instructions
- Software documentation experience
- Technical illustration experience is a plus
- Experience with content management/knowledge base administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!