Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the role
CaptivateIQ prides itself on its ability to model even the most complex and unique of our clients’ compensation plans. This includes enabling our customers to understand how to model their data and use our tool in the best possible way.
We are looking for a senior technical writer that is skilled at presenting complex technical information clearly and is passionate about helping customers learn and do more with technical products. Ideally, you have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with engineers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. You will create technical articles and diagrams that will help our customers understand, plan, build, and manage their commissions. You are customer-obsessed, data driven, and comfortable with ambiguity. The ideal candidate will have experience writing for both technical and non-technical audiences on topics such as data modeling and database design.
- Write articles and end-to-end how-to guidance that helps our customers use CaptivateIQ
- Become a product expert by working hands-on with the CaptivateIQ application
- Collaborate with the engineering, product, customer experience, marketing and key business users to produce high-quality product documentation
- Dive into content data, customer feedback, and other signals to deeply understand customers and the business to inform strategy and day-to-day improvements
- Develop style guides to create clear and concise information to provide to our customers
- Develop mechanisms to ensure accuracy of content
- Partner with the broader education team on writing scripts, use cases, outlining curriculum
- Help define documentation projects and determine priorities
- Experiments and innovates to improve the user experience and documentation standards
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information clearly, for a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience planning and delivering customer-focused documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
- Data-driven approach to content planning and outcomes
- Ability to triage and root cause issues
- Confidence and comfort operating in a highly ambiguous, iterative environment
- Portfolio of writing samples for review
- Experience in data modeling and/or commissions software
- Interest or experience in learning science, training, and instructional design principles
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent