At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Sr. Proposal Writer role includes all the responsibilities of the Proposal Writer, in addition to mentorship of the Proposal Writing team, leading trainings for the entire Bids & Proposals team on relevant topics, and contributing to trainings for the Sales and IST teams on relevant topics. The successful Sr. Proposal Writer—while not in a personnel management role—will be a clear leader and innovator, identifying and championing ways in which Curriculum Associates can improve our proposal narratives to better communicate our solutions.
The Senior Proposal Writer will take a lead role in responding to our most complex state and large district solicitations. The person hired for this role will work closely with the Sales team, subject matter experts, and Bids & Proposals colleagues.
The impact you’ll have:
- Become well acquainted with the elements and features of complex proposals for state and large district contracts and be a strong voice in how to best position CA for those opportunities
- Take the lead on developing and writing responses to solicitations:
- Review solicitation documents to summarize key points and inform bid decision and strategy
- Partner with the Proposal Management team and other relevant CA teams at all stages of the proposal development process to fully understand the context for the opportunity and our win themes and differentiators
- Synthesize RFP requirements and expertly craft (either directly or in collaboration with other personnel) persuasive, accurate, and vetted responses that highlight Curriculum Associates’ strengths and competitive advantages
- Solicit and incorporate cross-functional team edits into proposal drafts
- Collaborate with other members of the Bids & Proposals team to ensure timely and compliant production and submission of proposals. This includes leading the digital page-turn review of the final proposal prior to production by the Production team.
- Conduct debrief analyses, share lessons learned with colleagues, and incorporate those refinements into subsequent proposals.
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience writing / leading complex proposals
- 2+ years of experience in the edpub / edtech industry, with a focus on responses to state department of education solicitations
- An outstanding communicator, gifted in the art of “selling through writing”—passionate about the written word and highly capable of crafting compelling sales proposals
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs
- Superior attention to detail
- Fast and nimble research capabilities—ability to synthesize essential information from large, complex documents
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Please include a cover letter and two professional writing samples with your resume.