Senior Producer at Intuit Credit Karma (East Bay)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma's Creative Strategy and Production Team is looking for a Senior Broadcast Producer who will be responsible for translating creative ideas into project plans and deliverables for Television, Radio and related content-based advertising platforms while staying within budget, schedule, and brand parameters. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a high-level understanding of marketing principles across consumer touch points including TV, online video, social, radio, and digital.
What you'll do:
- Lead all aspects of small and large TV, integrated, radio, and digital productions while training, coaching, and mentoring junior members of the team
- Communicate directly with Creatives, Creative Strategy, Internal Stakeholders, and Performance Marketing teams
- Actively manage day-to-day aspects of production projects, elevating creative tone throughout, developing detailed project schedules, managing project scope, facilitating change requests, leading project meetings, reviewing all campaign deliverables for quality and accuracy, maintaining project documentation and identifying project risk, and executing all necessary contracts and licenses
- Deliver multiple, often concurrent projects: error-free, on time and on budget, while meeting or exceeding creative objectives and expectations
- Work in collaboration with internal teams to define project requirements and develop timelines and budgets
- Manage AICP and AICE production bidding protocols to select and negotiate all outside vendor contracts
- Develop and maintain active knowledge of internal production capabilities, production company landscape, and general industry trends while working with internal legal and finance teams to make sure all internal processes are executed according to established guidelines
What's great about the role:
- Lead several of Credit Karma's brand defining TV campaigns
- Work at a mission driven company and truly help people reach their financial goals, everything from getting out of debt to buying their first home
- Have a direct impact on defining processes and best practices
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience producing TV commercials for well established brands either in-house or at an agency
- Experience directing all pre-production aspects of ad campaigns including casting, location scouting, and pre-visualizations as well as overseeing VFX and Editorial pipelines
- Understanding of all things talent related including union rules and rates, and how to negotiate framework of non-union talent contracts as well as celebrity talent contracts (as needed)
- Managing AICP and AICE production bidding protocols and negotiating budgets with third party partners
- Experience across a broad cross-section of production mediums including lifestyle, table-top, food, sports, automotive, and celebrity shoots
- In-house production experience a plus
- Business Affairs know how
- Strong creative POV
- Experience directing large-scale onsite crews across Art, Lights, Electrical, Camera, Locations, and Casting set production departments
- Ability to train and mentor junior level Producers or similar position
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)