Senior Manager, Community Content at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Community’s vision is to be the world’s work Community. Our mission is to enable, elevate and amplify our amazing Community of talent. We know great, well-served talent will drive the most success for our clients.
As the Senior Manger, Community Content you will be responsible for reshaping our approach to content in the Community. In this role you will be central to how we democratize the creation and consumption of content.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a strategic part in helping us transform our Community and providing a platform for our talent to be true thought leaders.. Come help us change how the world works.Your Responsibilities:
- Content strategy - You will be responsible for defining our Community content strategy in collaboration with the Director, Community. You will need to work with all the content stakeholders across the business to effectively drive this new strategy.
- People leadership - A major part of your role will be to hire, lead and develop a team of content managers and creators.
- Content Creation - Part of the role will involve the creation of written content and partnering with video and multimedia content developers to create the best experience for the Community.
- Content creator programs - The Community is a platform for our talent to become thought leaders and experts, in their domains and in the new way of working. A big part of your role will be to create a simple content contribution process for our talent and provide them the requisite guidance to be successful.
- Content Operations - You will be responsible for ensuring the content in the Community meets a consistent standard by establishing the right processes. In addition you will work across the business to ensure our content calendar is aligned and complimentary with Upwork’s other content programs.
- Measurement - Working with the Director, Community you will be responsible for developing the right measurements for both owned and curated content within the Community.
- Proven experience in a Content leadership role for a customer centric organization.
- Proven experience as a content creator, including blogs, best practices, video, or other multimedia content types.
- Experience with online community management platforms.
- People management, with a proven track record of building and developing high-performing content teams.
- Experience in using content to drive varied business metrics.
- Exceptional communication skills: You are well versed in collaborating with peers, customers, executives, and tailoring your message accordingly. You can take various input and ideas and distill them to a cohesive and measurable strategic message.
- The spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship: you are not afraid to take risks, think bigger, and never settle.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.