Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve.
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. On our team, there are opportunities for learning and development as we grow together.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Editor to join our talented math product development team. We are seeking a creative, team-oriented person with strong math content knowledge and experience developing early elementary math print products who can move quickly between big picture thinking and detailed editorial thinking, troubleshooting issues that arise and proactively seeking out ways to improve instructional design and content quality. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
The impact you'll have:
This position offers a highly motivated professional the opportunity to combine curriculum expertise with editorial and management skills to assist the Product Development team in taking a high volume of projects from conceptualization to final product.
- Serve as editorial lead for a grade level or grade band, developing materials incorporating CCSS and/or state standards, with responsibility for overseeing the work of writers and editors, ensuring quality of content, identifying possible project bottlenecks, and offering solutions.
- Participate in the product definition process, working to build a product that is based on research and best practices by creating proof of concept materials, participating in working groups, and helping the team understand where limitations may be needed based on realistic implementation needs
- Establish guidelines for accuracy, adherence to instructional design, and alignment to the Common Core or other state standards
- Collaborate with editorial team and cross-functional teams to contribute to development of workflow, guidelines, and communication plans that ensure high quality content.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of content with respect to grade and reading levels, content accuracy, DEI guidelines and pedagogical fidelity
- Edit and revise manuscript and page proofs according to established guidelines for accuracy, adherence to instructional design, and alignment to the Common Core or other state standards
- Train, support, and provide feedback to writers and editors throughout all phases of assigned projects, providing actionable feedback and keeping the students and teachers using our products in mind while developing high quality content
- Participate in research studies on trends and strategies in mathematics education, focus groups with teachers and administrators, identifying ways to incorporate these ideas in innovative curriculum
- Mentor and support direct reports as assigned.
Note: The essential duties are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific responsibilities and assignments will be provided by the incumbent's manager.
Who we're looking for:
- Prior experience leading teams freelancers and internal staff to deliver quality products
- Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with Mathematics Standards, with a particular focus on K-1 instruction
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and thinking through the details of a project
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe and other general editing software
- 5 years of experience in K-2 Mathematics educational publishing with experience editing print materials
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Elementary Education, or a related field required
- K-2 Mathematics teaching experience
- Experience developing digital products
Travel: Minimal travel required for math team meetings and project launches as applicable; likely 1-3 times per year
Location: This role can be done virtually from the US.