Senior Director, Networking at DigitalOcean
We are looking for a technical Networking leader to lead our Global Internet, Datacenter and Network Automation teams. In this role you will work with multiple teams across engineering to support the Networking team and work closely with our product engineering and infrastructure teams. Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure you will drive the growth of the existing Networking teamWhat You’ll Be Doing:
- Set and execute the Networking long term organizational and strategic direction
- Mentor, coach and develop networking managers
- Recruit, hire and develop world-class Network engineers
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering and operational goals
- Provide technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Budgetary ownership for all aspects of Networking
- Distinguished track record managing an Internet networking team (with experience implementing reliability, process, and scaling solutions)
- Demonstrated ability to drive a technical vision within your organization, and across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Proven ability to communicate strategically with different audiences (engineering, peers, directors, execs)
- Strong ownership and accountability mindset
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!