Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
Opendoor is looking for a Senior Copywriter focused on Brand and Marketing to tell our story across a variety of channels. As a member of the Brand Design Team, you’ll help set the voice and tone of Opendoor while writing and concepting for ads, marketing, and web content. And you’ll have a clear, measurable impact on our growing business — ranging from revolutionizing the home selling experience to helping customers find their dream home.
We appreciate writers who think broadly and strategically about how their work fits into the larger narrative of the customer experience. The ideal person also has experience working closely with performance marketing teams to drive measurable business results.
As a Senior Copywriter, you will:
- Write engaging, compelling copy for a variety of Opendoor marketing materials, products, and communication channels.
- Generate new concepts for marketing campaigns, customer communications, and pieces of written collateral.
- Iterate and optimize copy to improve the performance of digital ads, emails, and web pages.
- Extend and maintain Opendoor’s brand standards and content style guide.
- Collaborate with partners on Design, Research, Marketing, Communications, and Product Management to understand goals, develop solutions, and execute projects efficiently.
We are looking for teammates who have:
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Design team. Agency experience is a bonus but not necessary.
- Portfolio: A portfolio that highlights your approach to problem-solving, as well as the solutions themselves.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Design, Marketing, and Research to craft strategy and execute efficiently.
- Autonomy: Ability to proactively manage time and deadlines while comfortably juggling multiple projects at once.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description