Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools. Mailchimp Design comprises brand studio, design ops, CX design, and UX design.
We’re looking for a Senior Content Engineer to join our centralized content strategy team to support a mix of content strategy and content delivery projects, as well as some content design projects for our product and website. You should have a background working with content management and content delivery systems, across websites and apps. You should also be a strong communicator who enjoys working cross-functionally.
What you’ll do here:
- Collaborate with marketing, research, design, and product teams to understand requirements, identify users’ content needs, and align on business goals.
- Work with engineering teams to understand, map out, and evaluate how content flows through Mailchimp's content management systems.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for the evolution of how content is managed and delivered, including aspects such as localization and personalization.
- Document requirements and create content models for new CMS capabilities (content types, modules etc).
- Align with content practitioners across the business to ensure the right workflows, modules, and content models are in place for seamless creation and delivery.
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, sitemaps and taxonomies, traffic analyses, etc.
- Create tools, guides, and templates to empower colleagues to create their own great content.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience as a content strategist, content manager, or related position.
- You have experience working with headless content management systems.
- You love taking abstract concepts and translating them into content that is clear, concise, and human.
- You can communicate technical information in a way that is easy for non-technical audiences to understand.
- You champion understand user experience and content optimization principles across channels (web, email, and social media) and devices, including basic IA, wayfinding, and SEO principles
- You are a strong communicator and cross-functional collaborator
- You know your way around Google Analytics or other analytics platforms
- You have experience in a product-focused environment
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.