Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for an experienced content designer to lead the in-product content creation and UX writing for our Platform product team. This team creates complex, core experiences that are critical to our customers’ success, including onboarding, secure payments, account settings, and more.
You’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers, and will report into the design systems team — a multidisciplinary mix of designers, illustrators, and writers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner cross-functionally to understand user and product needs to design in-product content and experiences that are simple and easy to understand
- Contribute to product content strategy as well as produce and present final UX copy for our products
- Work closely with the content design and design systems teams to improve the language across all surfaces, and establish and share writing guidelines and components
- Help write technical documentation for our platform products
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of experience producing user-focused, in-product writing through work in tech, digital agencies, or other relevant product areas
- Experience creating scalable content
- UX-focused writing samples and flows you can share with us
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience creating or contributing to design systems and component libraries
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Technical writing experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.