Senior Content Accountant at Warner Bros. Discovery
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the monthly process around content accounting for US Domestic Networks within Discovery. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of content related activity. The Senior Accountant reports to the Manager, Global Content Accounting.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Content Accounting: Work with team to execute all monthly and quarterly content accounting tasks for assigned brands from cost analysis to capitalization. These tasks include, but are not limited to, peer reviews verifying cost data and payment schedules input into the accounting database to ensure accuracy, recording month end journal entries, including creating assets, changes in balance sheet activity and related amortization expense, preparing monthly asset adjustments, retirements and account reconciliations, as well, serve as a business partner with business affairs, finance, and production management to resolve contract questions and issues. Demonstrate knowledge of and perform duties in accordance with GAAP/Accounting guidance, global policies and procedures, and SOX controls.
- Other Tasks: Complete ad hoc requests as needed. Perform tasks to achieve team and company goals such as, but not limited to, IT system maintenance/testing, and process improvement initiatives.
- Audit: Includes accurate and timely submission of requested documentation from internal and external auditors. Address any questions resulting from audit.
- S4 HANA: Support and work with larger content accounting team to assist the S4 HANA project team in the planning, design, and implementation of the new technology system.
Qualifications & Experience...
- BS/BA in accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- CPA or path to CPA preferred
- Experience with an SEC registrant desired
- Experience with SAP and Blackline strongly preferred
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Embraces change driven by evolving business initiatives and maintains positivity when time-sensitive milestones shift
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].