Product Content Internships (Tech Writer, Tech Editor) - Summer 2024 at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We are the Experience Team (EX)! We are made up of Product UX Designers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, Design Operations, Design Technologists and Visual Designers.
We are successful because of the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Team, contributing to building innovative software that makes workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
We are looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week summer internship opportunities across various business functions.
Interns will participate in executive speaker series, career development workshops, philanthropic efforts, and team building activities. Additionally, interns will have access to LinkedIn Learning online and dedicated summer coach to further grow their careers with us!
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience/
Why should you intern @ ServiceNow?
Here's what recent EX interns had to say about working at ServiceNow:
- "I got to work on real projects and was able to directly add value to existing products, and see my work go live in a release!"
- "We had regular one-on-one meetings, where we talked about my progress and if I needed any additional help."
- "I really enjoyed the flexibility and independence my manager gave me. I was able to be more creative and perfect my craft along the way."
- "I was really glad to have important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks"
- "Face-to-face exposure to senior execs and having candid conversations to learn about the company, helpful team, autonomy to learn and drive my own projects"
- "I formed relationships during the summer that I know I will maintain throughout life. Putting yourself out there and letting your ambition shine results in the most rewarding experiences"
Our Product Content internship opportunities include:
Technical Writing Intern
- Creating product documentation for end users and system administrators
- Learning to author in a variety of environments, primarily DITA/XML
- Researching, writing, and ensuring the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Working closely with multiple development teams in an Agile environment
- Conducting peer reviews of documentation
- Collaborating with other information developers to produce and share content for different types of deliverables (blogs, product documentation, knowledge base, video)
Technical Editing Intern
- Contribute to terminology development in English
- Align English and target language terminology in Acrolinx and XTM (a translation management system).
- Propose solutions to terminology and grammar issues in Acrolinx that writers or editors report
- Daily responsibilities will depend on your background and may include working in applications such as: Now Platform, Oxygen, Eclipse, Acrolinx
- Create a project related to the tools and processes within the editing team and supervised by a staff editor
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Technical Communications, or related field
- Graduating December 2024, or later
- Able to work full time for 12-weeks during the summer
- Candidates are required to provide a solid writing sample demonstrating your ability to research, analyze, and apply critical thinking to a subject or sample web pages or other multimedia communications project. Along with a summary of how the project was created and the deadline for the work.
- For samples that were the result of a team effort, please indicate what specific area is your original work.
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Experience working in markup languages such as DITA, HTML, XML, or SGML
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Passionate about writing and have a strong conviction to improve the writing of others
- Explain technical concepts in clear and concise prose
- Interact collaboratively with peers from different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, opinions, and views
For positions in California (outside of the Bay Area), we offer a base pay of $26.15 - $28.25, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements). Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location. For individuals who will be working in the Bay Area, there is a pay enhancement for positions located in that geographical area; please contact your recruiter for additional information.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.