Producer, Mobile at 2K
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We’re looking for a mid-level Producer to join our Mobile Games team! This position is the glue that holds the development and publishing teams together, driving the day-to-day work that keeps our games fresh, player-focused, and engaging!
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the 2K Director of Operations, you will plan and oversee products and management of publisher pipelines. You will work with dev partners and will steer our efforts in successfully building, operating, and servicing our mobile games. Key responsibilities:
- Partner with devs to define milestones and sprint deliverables, then drive the successful delivery of objectives. Ensure game production, content updates, and LiveOps plans are on track. Own weekly production reporting and ensure stakeholders are aligned on the title's roadmap.
- Project-manage the tasks of the publishing team – Product Management, UA/Mktg, BD, LiveOps, Analytics. Lead weekly stand ups and ensure everyone has visibility on each other’s work and are working towards common goals.
- Set up accounts and manage releases on all mobile platforms (App Store / Google Play Store)
- Handle coordination with QA, Localization, Customer Service, and Legal Clearance teams.
- Define production processes and workflows with dev partners. Optimize the way we build service-based mobile games to maximize time and resources against the highest priorities.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience as Producer for successful mobile games across all stages of development (concept to launch to live service). Helped to launch at least 1 Top-Grossing title.
- Passion for Free-to-Play and service-based mobile games. Has intimate knowledge of gameplay mechanics, monetization systems, and other aspects of these games’ core designs.
- Self-starter with proven leadership and influencing skills.
- Proficient communication skills (written and oral). Proven ability to work with creative and technical partners across sites and time zones. Adept at productivity and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365.
- Highly organized and effective multi-tasker. Strong time and project management skills. Can focus on multiple projects while meeting changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to identify and analyze risks while leading mitigation support.
- Experience with project management and communication tools (Jira, Asana, etc).
- Experience working with an international team or external developer.
- Knowledge and love for mobile mid-core titles, RPGs, and top-tier franchises is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
Location: Bay Area or remote but willing to work West Coast hours
Potential for Travel
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.