*This role can be remote or in our office at either our Charlotte, North Carolina or New York locations*
The Points Guy is looking for a newsletter editor who will play a critical role in refining editorial strategy, introducing our writers to new audiences, increasing brand loyalty with existing readers and expanding our subscriber base.
The editor will manage and improve TPG’s newsletter portfolio, which includes daily and weekly products as well as biweekly subject-specific newsletters for the cruise and aviation markets.
In this role, you have the opportunity to manage a team of writers, curate content, write and edit, and liaise with the site development and business teams. There are also opportunities to travel on behalf of the brand.
This role owns communication with our reader base and there is plenty of room for career growth within the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with 3–4 TPG writers to create a rotation of voices in our newsletters.
- Devise editorial calendars and manage workflow of the daily and weekly newsletters.
- Provide support for two subject-specific biweekly newsletters that are developed by the Aviation and Cruise teams.
- Work with business team to be aware of any sponsor placements.
- Build relationships with the technical team so you can translate editorial needs and push the development of the newsletter to improved heights.
What We're Looking For:
- You have experience managing writers and editors.
- You have experience strategizing and implementing editorial calendars.
- You’ve worked on digital newsletter products in the past or have a keen interest to learn about them.
- You understand how to use analytics and other tools to make editorial decisions.
- You are a flexible team player and know how to pivot when conditions warrant.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and can collaborate easily across teams.
- You love data and the insights it can provide and are energized to work with TPG’s analytics team.
- You have 5+ years of editorial experience preferred.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]