Pharma News Reporter - Generics Bulletin at Informa (Remote)
Generics Bulletin’s digital platform delivers high quality real-time published news and insight on the generic and biosimilar medicines industries, keeping clients on top of the industry events that matter and supporting them to make business decisions, ultimately enabling them to provide improved access to medicines for patients.
Generics Bulletin has covered the industry for over 15 years. It is part of Informa Pharma Intelligence, a leading provider of business intelligence to the pharmaceutical and related sectors, helping customers work smarter and make better decisions faster.Job Description
As a Reporter for Generics Bulletin, in a typical week you would:
Write daily news stories (around 500 words) for the readers of Generics Bulletin on issues such as:
- business results, strategy and deal-making
- leadership changes
- regulatory developments
- product development
- patent litigation
As a reporter you will also:
- Interview company executives and other industry experts to augment your articles
- Develop a data-led infographic
- Research/write a feature length story (around 1,500 words)
- Attend conferences/meetings to report news, conduct interviews and build relationships
Could this role be for you?
- You’ll have the edge on other candidates if you have at least two years’ journalism experience, especially in the pharmaceutical arena. *We are also open to journalism experience from other sectors.
- Ability to extract key messages from complex information – including technical regulatory subject matter – and communicate these effectively and succinctly.
- Experience of interviewing company executives and other industry experts to gain fresh insights.
- High level of curiosity – a desire for knowledge, prepared to ask and learn, with an authentic interest in others.
- High attention to detail, enabling you to consistently deliver articles requiring minimal editing.
- Microsoft Office suite, and familiarity with content management systems and infographic.
Advantageous and nice to have
- Knowledge of the generics and biosimilars sector would also be a great advantage.
- A qualification in journalism is advantageous. We would also consider anyone with other qualifications in sciences, languages, economics or equivalent career experience.
- A second language and/or knowledge of emerging markets would also be advantageous.
- Join a Pharma Insights global Editorial team of 60.
- You could be based anywhere in the UK (as a homeworker) – providing flexibility if you need to walk your dog during your lunchbreak or work flexible hours to accommodate family life!
- If you prefer to be office-based you can join our team in central London (in a modern building with a gym, cafe and stunning views across the city)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension contributions
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual travel loan