About the Role
Blueprint Test Preparation is seeking a part-time MCAT Content Editor with a focus in marketing, to contribute to the continued development of our best-in-class MCAT products. In this role, you will work with a team of highly accomplished educators to develop the very best test preparation possible for this high-stakes exam. This is a remote, part time job position. The role will report to our MCAT Content Manager.
Who You Are
- Ability to produce high-quality work with a strong eye to detail, while adhering to a timeline
- Willingness to jump onto new projects and take on new challenges as they arise
- Strong desire to help students succeed and learn new things
- Ability to work well as part of a team, including comfort with reviewing others' work and having your own work reviewed
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- College or Associate's degree, with an advanced degree or strong editorial or test prep experience, preferred
- Strong preference given to applicants who have previously worked as editors, particularly editors of scientific content or with marketing content
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for contributing to the development of materials for our products, as well as helping to maintain and improve the quality of our existing resources specific to our marketing team. Day-to-day responsibilities will vary significantly but are likely to include:
- Data entry and general maintenance tasks for our products
- Technical upload and cross-checking (comparison) across platforms
- Writing and editing non-subject-specific materials
- Editing existing materials for clarity and grammar, including scripts, blog posts, testlike materials, and images
- Reviewing work done by other team members, part-time employees, and/or contractors
- Working closely with the marketing and MCAT teams to produce marketing-specific materials
- Learning and subsequently implementing style, animation, and grammar guidelines when working with our materials
- Responding to student queries when subject expertise is not needed
You will be successful in this position if you are willing to learn quickly and often, engage with a wide variety of tasks at varying levels of difficulty, deliver materials on deadline, ask questions and take ownership of tasks you are assigned, and function well on a collaborative team.
Life at Blueprint
Hi, we're Blueprint. We live at the intersection of education and technology. We use cutting edge technology and powerful data to create personalized and innovative learning experiences. Our team is passionate about education and its ability to improve lives. Our learners hold us to a high standard, and we do the same with each other. We thrive on change, we are relentless about improvement, we practice trust-based vulnerability, and we are committed to a culture of freedom and responsibility. We get a lot done, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
More details on life at Blueprint:
- Meaning. Do meaningful work that has a positive impact on society.
- Influence. Good ideas win and we value contributions from everyone.
- Innovation. It's central to who we are and everything we do.
- Growth. We are always learning and you will sharpen your skill set.
- Performance. We set aspirational goals and make them happen.
- Low ego. High energy. That's our recipe for success.
- Autonomy. Our team thrives with freedom and responsibility.
- Flexibility. We trust our people to do great work without unnecessary rules.
- Remote first. And not going back.
- Competitive pay at a fast-growing company
- Remote-first work environment allowing for flexibility
- Continual learning and mentoring opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
At Blueprint we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.