Managing Editor at GitLab
As a member of the Editorial team at GitLab, you are part of building the media and publishing arm of GitLab. You will be directly responsible for generating website traffic and growing GitLab’s audience. You will work closely with team members across the company to develop and optimize stories for the GitLab blog, and you will use GitLab itself to plan and collaborate.What you'll do in this role
- Set the publishing strategy, directives, and goals.
- Oversee all daily publishing operations.
- Identify and facilitate high-potential posts.
- Report on and use data to inform publishing strategy.
- Improve and enforce GitLab's editorial style guide, including brand style, tone, and voice.
- Drive improvements to user experience on the GitLab blog.
- Work cross-functionally with social, PR, and other marketing groups to develop distribution and amplification strategies.
- Proven experience as a managing editor or similar role, preferably within enterprise marketing.
- Software development experience including Git, CI and CD.
- 5+ years experience in journalism, content marketing, communications, or software development.
- Degree in English, journalism, software engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership capabilities.
- Markdown proficiency.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- BONUS: A passion for and strong understanding of the industry and our mission.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.