Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Knowledge Management, supports global, customer-facing content creation and maintenance, internal documentation, localization efforts, and training .
As Managing Editor, Internal Documentation, you will oversee a team of editors responsible for developing, editing, publishing and maintaining the internal documentation, process maps, job aids and knowledge assets that enable front-line support teams to deliver fast, accurate, high quality support across a rapidly expanding array of markets, product lines, customer segments and support channels. You have experience and a passion for developing clear, compelling, actionable process documentation that allows globally distributed teams to execute complex, ever-changing business procedures with accuracy and speed.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage and develop a team of editors and copywriters creating internal support content in service of various product lines and customer segments
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to develop documentation roadmap and ensure copy relevance and effectiveness, always working backwards from the ideal customer experience
- Continuously improve the accuracy, discoverability, and efficacy of our internal documentation assets
- Develop global-first style guidelines for both internal knowledge assets and customer-facing predefined content fully aligned with overall Coinbase voice and brand guidelines
- Effectively manage multiple projects in parallel, from scoping to execution and evaluation
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 4+ years of writing, editorial, content strategy, or communications experience
- Validated experience leading complex, multi-faceted projects/programs and managing stakeholders
- Initiative and strategic vision to propose and test new approaches to developing user-friendly internal content that scales globally
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- Facility supporting less experienced writers and providing clear, impactful feedback
- Flexible teammate, adaptable to the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
Nice to haves:
- Able to change customer sentiment and instill brand loyalty via compelling customer support copywriting
- Able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
- Experience in UX thinking and visual design
- Previous experience in crypto, finance, or fintech
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.