Manager, Technical Writing at ReCharge Payments
As a Manager, Technical Writing at Recharge, you will be responsible for driving our overall technical content strategy and how it enhances our merchants' product experience. Using your extensive technical and leadership experience, you will start as an individual contributor and grow a team of writers over time.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, you will work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create in-depth technical documentation for Recharge’s API first platform and emerging products. You will be supporting existing product/process documentation as well as documenting new features and applications that arise. The documentation created will be made available to support our customer base and partners from a technical standpoint.What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Develop a strategic content plan for the knowledge bases in terms of how-to articles, FAQs, reference materials, in-product guides, walk-thrus and checklists, API documentation, to support onboarding and feature adoption.
- Deliver high quality, user-friendly documentation for customers, partners and internal consumers.
- Conduct content audits to identify gaps in existing knowledge base content.
- Identify user needs using data and feedback across multiple teams/stakeholders (Customer Success, Engineering, Product), research relevant information to enable successful documentation and prioritize content as necessary.
- Track and lead project efforts: reviewing, editing and updating new and existing API documentation to validate for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and overall quality.
- Standardize terminology across content types (in-app, help articles)
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to become familiar with new features and how they enhance Recharge’s customer experience.
- 8+ years experience as a technical writer
- 2+ years experience in an ecommerce and/or B2B SaaS platform
- Experience designing and delivering customer-facing and technical documentation
- Recent, relevant experience writing API documentation
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content. (E.g. Zendesk)
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing to both technical and non-technical people
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.