Manager, Technical Writing at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow is looking for a manager for the Product Content team to work in one of our global offices. The Product Content team is made up of experienced and effective technical writers. We are looking for someone who can jump in and help us keep our well-oiled machine running. The best person for the job is someone who is experienced writing in an Agile development environment, and who has a strong history of advocating for writers while maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with cross-functional team members.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work closely with Product Content leadership team to plan how to distribute resources effectively across scrum teams and be able to adjust when unexpected projects arise.
- Collaborate with other content-producing teams to share knowledge and avoid duplicating efforts.
- Check in regularly with development team managers to get feedback and, if necessary, help course correct to get deliverables back on track.
- Meet one-on-one with each direct report on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Conduct quarterly performance-related conversations with team members, provide feedback about areas of improvement, and recognize outstanding efforts.
- Recruit excellent team members who are not only solid information developers, but who work well with the rest of the team.
- When required, support the team in the development of product documentation for current and future releases of our product.
- Review content on a regular basis, provide feedback on progress, adherence to standards, and overall completeness.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience, with 5+ years of experience writing software documentation for a technical audience.
- 3+ years of team management experience.
- Strong background in HTML, XML, and DITA.
- High level of creativity, flexibility, and dependability, and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of structured task-based writing is a plus.
- Experience with scripting, APIs, and integrations is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of documenting complex administration systems processes in a SAAS environment.
- Proven experience relating to different levels of the organization and working effectively with peers.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.