Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a leader to helm our newly formed Content Studio. This practice will be at the center of Coinbase’s efforts to harness the power of content to build a world of increased economic freedom.
Our Studios lead will be responsible for both delivering creative excellence to internal stakeholders and building content franchises that welcome external audiences to the possibilities of the cryptoeconomy.
Our ideal candidate is the rare individual who is equal parts: producer with a Midas touch, creative director with flawless aesthetic sensibility, and a storyteller who knows how to weave a gripping tale.
Sound like you? Read on …
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Bringing new and category-defining video and podcast offerings to market, leading the the entire creative lifecycle;
- Defining greatness and leading creatives and producers to deliver content that meets that standard, both for internal stakeholders and external audiences;
- Forging partnerships, managing relationships, and extracting excellence with / from agencies;
- Building cross-functional relationships and devising strategic content solutions that help peers drive business outcomes;
- Finding and nurturing the best talent in the industry, creating an environment in which teams can do outstanding work.
We’re looking for somebody with …
- Fluency in all aspects of video production and editing, including managing writers;
- A proven track record of creating engaging video content for a variety of platforms;
- Extensive experience incubating and launching new video and podcast series;
- Great stakeholder management skills, and experience aligning multiple parties (including 3rd party agencies) to a common goal;
- Discernment and a strong POV on what good looks like;
- 10+ years of people management experience;
- If you’ve worked cross-functionally with or supervised marketing copywriters.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.