Localization Coordinator at Calm
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
- Drive localization through Smartling for Product, Meditation, Sleep, and Marketing Content across multiple languages
- Manage international content repo, distributing translated content to audio and admin teams for production
- Work with external vendors to ensure project requirements are met
- Ensure vendor adherence to glossaries, style guides, and translation memories
- Coordinate localization projects through the localization workflow in collaboration with both internal and external resources (Localization Manager, internal Calm stakeholders, external vendors)
- Receive translation requests and see them through to final delivery
- Setting timelines and ensuring on-time delivery at the highest quality
- Coordinate schedules and content release calendars with the International Audio team
- Own linguistic quality and ensure vendor adherence to linguistic assets such as master glossary, style guides
- Assist the Localization Manager in identifying operational challenges and improving the localization workflow
- Experience managing translation workflows and linguistic assets
- Experience with the following tools: Smartling (or another TMS), Jira, Asana, Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams and across time zones
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and localization red flags
- Ability to remain Calm under pressure and adapt to new situations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in a language other than English (ideally one offered by Calm!)
- Interest in mindfulness, mental fitness, mental health, meditation, and sleep
- Honesty, integrity, and compassion
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.