We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY -
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY –
Powin’s Technical Product Management team is seeking a Lead Technical Writer with excellent written and communication skills, deep expertise in content management systems, and a passion for leading documentation in a fast-paced environment at Powin. The role is to build and lead, both as a manager and by example, a world class documentation team, process, and platform. The position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Build a technical documentation team and develop it into a world class organization.
- Lead all documentation efforts at Powin, modernizing the documentation and the platform and processes used to create it.
- Develop and drive content strategy in alignment with product strategy.
- Author and deliver high-quality documentation for our hardware and software products.
- Identify product documentation gaps internally and externally and provide clear plans to fill those gaps.
- Work with team leads across the company to identify documentation needs for hardware and software products.
Qualifications and Experience
- Background in technical writing or content management.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a track record of solving tough, technical problems.
- Experience with HTML, CMS, or other content management tools.
- Experience writing for Field technicians, Engineers and Technical Project Managers.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new frameworks, new environments, and new technologies.
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!