Are you a master of writing and storytelling? Can you distill complex political and business dynamics into clear and concise objectives? Win hearts and minds with compelling personal stories? Will you move Heaven and earth to help increase global access to healthcare? Then read on.
This role reports to Zipline’s Global Head of Communications and will play a critical, core function on our growing communications team. The role also will frequently partner with and support the objectives of Zipline’s marketing, policy, global health, and data/impact teams.What You'll Do
- Produce excellent external-facing content, including press releases, OpEds, case studies, customer testimonials, blog content, and white papers.
- Produce excellent internal-facing content, including values statements, company updates, patient stories, and acknowledgements of important events and milestones.
- Create written social media and website content consistent with our company voice, values and brand.
- Work with leaders across Zipline’s marketing, communications, and executive teams to define those voices, values and brand.
- Partner with Zipline’s leadership team to author first person content such as speeches, op-eds, and other external first-person communications.
- Drive clarity, consistency, and discipline in our messaging and enhance Zipline’s reputation with global audiences and constituencies.
- Partner with many Zipline teams to execute strategic cross-functional initiatives to drive our mission forward.
- Shape Zipline’s narrative around the world at a critical moment for strengthening health systems and our business.
- Top notch writing and editing skills. Background in journalism is a plus.
- A superpower in creativity and storytelling and extreme delight in words.
- Phenomenal entrepreneurial spirit and ability to own global projects and operate effectively despite uncertainty.
- Attention to detail, tone, and semantics. A strong point of view on the Oxford comma is encouraged.
- Your EQ and cross-cultural competency need to be through the roof. Zipline was founded in California, launched in Rwanda, grown in Ghana, and is expanding in Japan and Nigeria. Your work will require you to dive into new markets and collaborate with stakeholders from radically different environments that are unfamiliar to you.
- Excitement at being interdisciplinary and dipping into different teams at Zipline. More often than not, you will operate outside of this job description, and in a world of opportunities that you have crafted for yourself.
- A passion for Zipline’s mission to serve.
- Ability to work -- and write -- quickly and under deadlines.
- Humility, compassion, joy, sense of humor and collegiality.
Location for this role is flexible. You must be eligible to work in the United States.