Lead Creative Producer at Thumbtack (Remote)
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Brand Marketing Team
We're a tight-knit, collaborative group on a mission to make Thumbtack famous. The Thumbtack brand marketing team exists to reimagine brand building, using modern marketing tools to drive preference and brand recognition. We are tasked with creating a category-defining, differentiated brand and bringing it to life consistently across multiple media touchpoints to drive brand recognition and commercial success.
About the Role
We're looking for a Lead Creative Producer to join our Brand Marketing team. The Lead Creative Producer is a vital component of the Brand team. This role will act as a project leader for several cross-functional and internal creative and digital projects. You will be responsible for scoping, initiating and executing both large and small projects while continually informing and improving best practices.
It's a multifaceted position organizing the creative team's workflow, managing creative resources, and elevating the craft and quality of our ideas through thoughtful execution.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Brand Marketing and will work closely with the Creative Director.
- Creating and managing project plans with long and short-term timelines, with an understanding of prioritizing resources and tasks.
- Collaborating with the Creative Team and the Sr. Producer to resource creative needs, properly scope projects and create workback schedules.
- Leading contracts, negotiations, and relationships with vendors involved in projec ts.
- Leading the creation of a database of creative talent (directors, illustrators, editors, etc.) to identify the right resources for the variety of brand projects.
- Directing and managing external vendor relationships (freelance designers, swag producers, print shops, etc.) alongside the Creative Director.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of experience in production, project management, resource management and/or operations at a production company, creative agency or in-house creative department.
- Innate attention to detail, is highly organized and has excellent time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple work streams and meetings throughout the day.
- A creative leader who can effectively get from kick-off to delivery of a variety of asset types and mediums.
- Familiar with creative related tools/software of the trade (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or Sketch, etc)
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners across the organization, as well as effectively represent the Brand Marketing team.
- Familiar with writing or reviewing creative briefs.
- Familiar with video production and post-production processes as well as the ability to properly scope such projects.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected] .
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.