Grants Writer at Crisis Text Line (Remote)
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Our core values are connected with empathy, center equity, get it done together, and reflect and evolve, these four are at the heart of all we do.
As the Grants Writer, you’ll join the Business Development Philanthropy team and be responsible for all phases of grants development, evaluation, and compliance, including research, grant writing, the coordination of grant applications, post award support for grant-funded projects, managing the grant reporting process, and successfully closing out grant projects with final budget and report outcomes to stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to influence funding strategy at a fast-paced and growing non-profit that merges tech with mental health services.
As a Grants Writer, you will manage multiple projects and priorities including searching for funding sources, writing proposals, and managing existing grants focused on philanthropic private and public foundations and corporate foundations. Together, with the Director of Development you will report to stakeholders, and work on special projects. This will include:
- Prospect and identify LOI and grant opportunities (private, public and corporation foundations) through foundation research platforms and general knowledge of the funding space
- Coordinates, develops, and process grant applications from conceptual to submission stage while working closely with staff throughout all phases
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal
- Performs internal reviews of Crisis Text Line’s institutional needs, collects and gathers program data, and assesses the feasibility of obtaining external funding for project and program proposals
- Develops and maintains a grant management system for funded grants through Salesforce which includes report due dates, budget adherence, and any other grant requirements
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate language
- Assists Director of Development in writing or editing funding materials for individual funders, campaigns, or external facing documents
- Actively support individual, team and org racial equity knowledge, and apply understanding through ongoing learning, reflecting and dialogue opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of funding sources, compliance issues, and legal and fiscal policies of funding sources
- Implement the use of technology to assist with grants development and management
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with teams to achieve deliverables
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to pivot directions quickly
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience
- Financial experience with budget creation and reporting
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)