PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Game Content Manager
As part of the Portfolio team within the Global Third Party Relations team, the Game Content Manager will be one of the key people responsible for evaluating content potential within the PlayStation portfolio. They will also be responsible for helping to maintain the central source of truth and its related tool sets for tracking what titles are coming to PlayStation (and other platforms) and when. Through a combination of sources (submission data, publicly released information, human intelligence from meetings and partner portfolio reviews), this role ensures that the data upon which we base our decisions is accurate.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and report feedback for titles that are in consideration for partnership and prioritization within the portfolio
- Work with internal producers to deep dive on playable builds and report on qualitative feedback with attention to game design, art direction, user experience, and more throughout major achievements of key partner titles
- Work cross-functionally with Account Management teams in identifying title targets not yet on the platform for partnership or prioritization consideration
- Support recruitment efforts for new potential PlayStation partners
- Identifying and reporting on industry trends to support and influence the portfolio content strategy
- Assist in maintaining a data set of titles, dates, content information, and platform relevance for all content coming to major games platforms.
- Work with leadership to identify the optimal tools and data requirements in order to appropriately track and maintain data
- As requested, run custom reports based on inbound executive requests and parse data accordingly
- Strong understanding of business models and content analysis associated with F2P, AAA and GaaS
- Ability to work cross-functionally with global SIE teams and with global third party development and publishing partners
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to twice a quarter (when it is safe to do so)
- Multi-disciplinary approach to analyzing creative content
- Five years minimum experience in the game industry with a heavy writing focus
- Game design, game-related writing and/or production background a plus
- Solid understanding of the development process (understanding how to best approach and evaluate content at different stages of development is important)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Near-Encyclopedic knowledge of major games and genres across all platforms (console, mobile, PC, etc.)
- BS or BA degree or equivalent industry work experience required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.