GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is seeking freelance writers to contribute content across a number of health and well-being areas in conjunction with our Editorial team. We’re looking for writers who are passionate about objective research, crafting content that brings health topics to life through engaging storytelling, and helping readers understand their health and healthcare options. You will use your journalism and research expertise to write short and long-form articles that are insightful, empowering, and grounded in scientific evidence.
As a well-being freelance writer, you will be joining forces with a team of health editors to develop health and well-being editorial content. Topic areas include, but are not limited to, mental health, nutrition, and disease prevention.
Most articles are about 800 to 1,200 words, with pay set at $500 per piece. The number and kind of pieces may vary according to your availability, expertise, and interest. We will initially work on a trial basis and then discuss regular contributions.
We require writers to adhere closely to our style and sourcing guidelines, as well as to use empathetic and inclusive language. Experience writing consumer-facing health content is a must.
We are open to remote locations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptional written English and communication skills
- Experience writing for a general consumer audience
- Experience following a company style guide
- General understanding of SEO Experience interviewing healthcare experts is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and on deadline
- Ability to interpret research studies and simplify complex health and research concepts
- A passion for making an impact in real people’s lives with meaningful content and information
- Proven track record of publishing high-quality health content online
- Experience covering primary research articles on science/health/medicine
- Authorship in an online consumer-facing publication
Please include the following with your application
- Resume or CV
- A short cover letter outlining your interest and experience writing about health/wellness
- A link to your portfolio and/or four writing samples that you think best relate to our scope of work
- An estimate of how many articles you can produce each month and your turnaround time per draft
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.