We’re looking for a German translator/copywriter to join our Product team on a long-term, freelance basis and help us provide the same great experience to our audience and partners in Germany.
Working closely with the Localisation Project Manager and the Product and Content teams, the freelance translator will be responsible for the overall tone of voice and translation quality across everything that we do in the local market.
- Providing translations and localisation support for our Product and Content teams - new features and updates for our website and apps, as well as backend platforms for our partners.
- Translating documentation and help articles for our audience and partners, marketing campaigns, promotional/editorial content and company presentations.
- Providing other services such as review, localisation testing, quality assurance, copywriting
- Creating and updating style guides and glossaries and other reference materials, and maintaining the translation memory.
- Having full ownership of translation quality for your language, establishing standards and best practices.
- Familiar with CAT/software localisation platforms such as Crowdin, Lokalise, Phrase, Smartling, and comfortable learning new tools.
- Passionate, humble and talented
- Actively responsible, proactive and quality-focused
- A clear communicator
- Flexible and highly organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluency in English and German. Any other working languages are a plus.
- Proven experience as a translator in any of the following subjects: music, technology, marketing, e-commerce.
- Experience in app/website localisation and copywriting.
- Solid understanding of localisation with an appreciation for cultural nuances.
- A good understanding of the market’s music industry and live entertainment business.
- To be based in-market, a fan of music with deep knowledge of the local culture.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and schedule, available for small tasks with quick turnaround and on-going collaboration as the localisation effort extends to all business areas.
Our teams work from London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Paris and Milan. We’re building products that will revolutionise the industry for fans, artists and venues – and we’re growing fast. Read about our latest Series C funding and what’s next for DICE.
We know that having a variety of perspectives makes us a better company – it’s why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. Find out how we’re creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive DICE.
During the pandemic, we’ve learnt that working from home can help us focus, but many of us are missing the buzz of the office. We’re still figuring out the best way for us all to work together in the future, and we’ll involve the whole team in any decisions we make.