GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is looking for MDs and DOs with current or past clinical experience, meticulous attention to detail, and experience writing about a range of different clinical topics for a lay audience. As a freelance medical writer for the Updates team, you will ensure that we keep our content up-to-date and appealing for our readers. You will be joining forces with a team of updates editors to refresh our full catalog of high-quality content.
We’re looking for writers who have strong fact-checking and proofreading skills, along with SEO and UX familiarity. You will use your research expertise to update existing articles and enhance them in ways that are insightful, empowering, and grounded in scientific evidence. This may include restructuring.
You need to have training as a medical writer or have experience writing for formal publications aimed at the general public, and you must be appropriately licensed and not previously or currently involved in any regulatory board, agency inquiry, or professional liability policy claim.
Most updates will require anywhere from 200 to 900 words of new content. The pay rates will be $175 for refreshes of less than 600 words, and $225 for updates of 601 or more words. The number and kind of pieces may vary according to your availability, expertise, and interest. The majority of updates will not receive bylines, though if a full rewrite is required, writers will receive a byline and additional compensation.
We will initially work on a trial basis and then discuss regular contributions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong fact-checking and proofreading skills
- Ability to interpret research studies and simplify complex health and research concepts
- Exceptional written English and communication skills
- Experience writing for a general consumer audience
- Experience following a company style guide General understanding of SEO
- Meticulous attention to detail Ability to work independently and on deadline
- A passion for making an impact in real people’s lives with meaningful content and information
- MD or DO with current or past clinical experience
- Proven track record of publishing high-quality health content online
- Experience covering primary research articles on science/health/medicine
- Authorship in an online consumer-facing publication
- This is a remote position open to U.S. applicants.
Please include the following with your application
- Your resumé, including your contact details and location.
- A short and snappy cover letter telling us about your clinical and writing experience and why we should work with you.
- A link to your portfolio and/or four writing samples that you think best relate to our scope of work
- An estimate of how many updates articles you can produce each month and turnaround time
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.