Howl is a creator platform for the customer centric and product obsessed. Creators of every size use Howl’s commerce and payments technology to get better rates and easy payments for their big ideas. Creators on Howl earn more when they open doors for others, and have the tools to turn their craft into a business.
We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Howl builds so millions more creators can bring their talent, magic, and service to shoppers around the world.
What you'll do
Howl is building out its editorial team and is looking to hire its first Freelance Copywriter! This person will report to the Senior Editorial Director and will draft compelling, creative copy for everything from ads, newsletters, events collateral, and landing pages to video scripts, blog posts, and more (aligned to our brand re-launch this fall).
The right person for this role will possess a track record of success in producing clear, clever, and compelling copy, either in journalism, content creation, or copywriting for an agency. Working closely with the editorial team, you will be responsible for maintaining and further refining Howl's editorial voice, pivoting as needed to deliver written content for multiple channels. As such, you’ll play a critical role in scaling our company’s impact—building a unique new brand from the ground up that can empower millions of creators to start, grow, and collaborate on commerce together.
How you'll make an impact
- Deliver written content for multiple channels that speaks to our customers and answers their questions as they engage with our brand and product
- Be an eagle-eyed editor with a strict attention to typos, grammar, legibility, and tone
- Work cross-functionally with editorial, marketing, and product to draft copy for everything from marketing collateral to newsletters and blog posts, pivoting as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure our customer’s stories are at the heart of the content we introduce during the customer journey
What you'll bring
- 3+ years experience in journalism, content creation, or copywriting for an agency
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including attention to proper grammar, spelling, and adherence to editorial guidelines
- Experience with CMS platforms, Mailchimp, and/or Sailthru a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with content producers, creative and editorial teams, field marketing and externally, with customers and agencies
- A customer-first approach with a passion for storytelling and creative marketing
- Creative and inventive problem solver
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude and appetite for trying new things
- Track record of success in a dynamic, sometimes hectic environment
NOTE: To be considered for this role, we require a submittal of non-proprietary, applicable examples of your work (portfolio, blog, website, etc.). This role presents the opportunity to go from a temporary to a full-time hire.
Howl is a fully remote organization.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.