Event Content Manager at GitLab
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Events Managers at GitLab bring internal and external events to life! In this role, you will work cross-functionally with stakeholders to develop end-to-end events and be the main point of contact for all speakers and presenters. The Event Content Manager reports to Manager, Corporate Events and Branding.What you'll do in this role
- Ensure a premium speaker experience for internal and external speakers, including building preparation documentation, facilitating speaker kick-off seasons and in-platform demos, and collaborate with content DRIs to meet all due dates.
- Partner with speakers and content DRIs to develop session arcs, slide contents and provide support on slides and talking points.
- Have the ability to work on in-person and online events to execute a top-notch brand experience in either environment.
- Draft speaker communications and manage speaker expectations and experience.
- Act as the main point of contact for all speakers & presenters.
- Manage the event wrap-up process, ensuring collecting feedback from speakers.
- Ensuring there is a DRI for all content-related tasks for corporate marketing events to see through a successful execution of all elements of the event. This includes making sure all elements of branded events have an owner and reporting back on updates and deadlines.
- Working closely with event DRI, GitLab digital production and vendors to provide quality AV production support for corporate events. This includes build event orders for audio, video, staging, and lighting systems. Assist in the planning and coordination of productions, including but not limited to scouting locations, talent, and crew.
- Work hand-in-hand with digital production on how content is used for promotion pre- and post-event.
- Work with brand, design, and social media to make sure the brand is consistent throughout content and presentations.
- Manage the corporate events branded website to drive ticket sales and properly promote all Corporate Events.
- Manage our self-hosted events Call For Proposals (CFP) process, working hand-in-hand with internal and external thought leaders on their talk submissions.
- Review slide decks and develop a speaker training program.
- Build draft agenda and suggested event timing in order to maximize opportunities for global contribution and attendee engagement.
- Own the master run of show for all stakeholders (show caller, production company, emcees, etc) for both in-person and virtual events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Relationships in the software DevOps space are a plus
- Substantial knowledge with live and virtual corporate events and conferences
- Highly collaborative, fostering effective relationships across all parts of the business and must enjoy learning/sharing knowledge
- This position will require doing occasional work on‐site and includes occasional weekend work
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy; Anticipated travel is 15 to 20%
- If employed by GitLab Federal, LLC, team members need to also comply with the applicable vaccination policies
- 4+ years in events work and 2+ in software or tech related space
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Compensation Calculator
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.