Meaningful, memorable, and scalable. That's how we think about building the Atlassian corporate brand, and the brands of our portfolio of products that are used by millions of people every day. And best-in-class content is at the heart of all this, which is why we are looking for a new team member to write the next chapter in our engineering brand story.
You will play a key role in raising awareness and driving the differentiation of Atlassian engineering across our owned channels. This essential role will help our recruiting team to engage prospective employees, while helping customers and candidates alike understand how we do engineering at Atlassian
Our two founders are devs, our most popular products are embraced by (and made for) the dev community, and more than half of our company is made up of devs. Your role will be to build on these solid foundations with engaging content.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for our engineering content that boosts brand awareness, engagement, recruiting, and more
- Produce a wide range of content including blog posts, social media posts, event content, customer stories, newsletters, and any content corresponding to emerging business needs and/or marketing moments
- Create and manage an editorial calendar for content planning and production, and perform regular content audits for content gap analysis
- Ensure content deliverables are consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Recruit, develop, and edit writers from the engineering organization
- Recruit, enable, and motivate stakeholders across the organization and within the broader Atlassian community to share and produce additional content to amplify our reach
- Work with our marketing analytics team to make data-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our audiences
- Present and articulate work (complete with story, metrics, wins, findings) to peers, partners, and senior leaders
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years in content editing or copywriting, B2B SaaS background preferred
- Preternatural empathy with engineering, software, and IT teams
- Be an excellent copywriter and storyteller. You understand the nuance between different audiences and how to craft compelling messaging that speaks to them and their needs
- Have a proven track record of driving top of funnel growth with content
- Collaboration skills: you excel when working with other creative people to develop, ship, and iterate, and can lead teammates as well as contribute alongside them
- Experience leading end-to-end campaigns or content projects, defining objectives and strategies, KPIs, tracking leading indicators, and executing on a plan
- Have in-depth knowledge of content creation, SEO, data storytelling, social media, CMS, and content amplification
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience working with Atlassian tools
- Experience working with B2B content
- Rudimentary HTML skills (you won't need to write original HTML, but will need to be able to modify it)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.