Editorial Video Manager at The Knot Worldwide (Remote)
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide (TKWW) are the global leaders of media and editorial content for the wedding industry, not resting on our laurels we are expanding our award winning content expertise to the video and entertainment film categories. We are building out our branded content and digital video entertainment team and are looking for an amazing talent to manage & grow the day to day development pipeline.
This talented leader will manage the development and execution of our premium digital content pipeline for TheKnot’s video ecosystem onsite and offsite (ie YouTube & OTT.) They will be a key member of the content marketing team, reporting to the Director of Editorial Video. The Manager will develop the processes, recommendations and contribute to the editorial strategy to grow The Knot Worldwide’s YouTube presence based on a deep understanding of the OTT/YouTube consumer and the full TKWW content ecosystem to deliver the right content, to the right user, at the right time. Success will be measured around effective collaboration, content quality and growing viewers, subscribers, & commercial revenue.
We’re looking for an individual that has strong creative instincts as we place high value on the power of storytelling to captivate an audience balanced with data-driven decision making know-how to support our growth aspirations. The talent will partner with a highly cross-functional team to develop the right content to deliver the products, features, content genres, tools, advice and inspiration to serve our audiences. The position requires strong communication skills, a business mindset, and a passion for amazing film.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- In partnership with Channel Managers, build on the growth of YouTube — creating and optimizing made-for-YouTube content and ensuring every on-platform detail is just right, from search-friendly titles to eye-catching thumbnails
- Manage the onsite video content publishing process, viewability standards and partner with ad sales teams to ensure content engagement excellence.
- Support the development of long-form, short-form, and episodic video franchises across content genres from entertainment, branded content, animation, live action, reality and UGC to build up views.
- Contribute to creative development including ideation and brainstorming
- Provide creative feedback during the development process and during ongoing production
- Help to identify new creative opportunities (talent, stories, source material, etc.) for the department to pursue
- Research for new and existing concepts and videos
- Act as the project management glue between our creative, editorial, media sales and product teams so that video marketing is fully baked into strategic initiatives.
- Support & Manage the day to day ecosystem of external agencies, producers and internal teams of creators, and editors that are responsible for the day-to-day execution
- Work in tandem with Director to foster and maintain strong relationships with creative talent
- Work closely with Director to facilitate efficient and effective operations across the division. Some duties may include; preparing meeting agendas, tracking follow-up actions, etc.
- Present the value and progress of Editorial Video (onsite and Offsite platform performance) to internal leaders, managing stakeholder expectations and prioritizing feedback about these platforms with the team
- Maintain internal tracking grids as well as competitive grids
- 3-4+ years experience in curating & producing video content, in the entertainment or streaming, online industry.
- Passionate about storytelling through engaging sight, sound and visuals
- A long and short form content enthusiast who stays on top of the latest trends, talent, audiences and content offerings across platforms
- An affinity for stories that tap into the cultural zeitgeist and social influence as well as journalistic intent.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development and production simultaneously, helping to prioritize and keep projects on track
- Clear communicator, both on the page and in a room when articulating ideas.
- Ruthlessly analytical with experience in developing content strategies based on deep analytics and SEO insights
- Able to share the credit across a team working towards the goal of growing revenue and creative excellence
- A mastery understanding of how content is successful across different platforms (O&O, Youtube, OTT, Social, etc..)
- Knowledge of production and post-production processes, formats and techniques
- Proactive - always looking for ways to foster innovative creative approaches to bring 'never-been-done-before' ideas to the table.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.