AspenCore Media is hiring an Editor-in-Chief for its flagship publication, EE Times. We seek a dynamic, forward-thinking leader and experienced editor to connect the electronics community with reliable news, authoritative analysis, and daily information to further our commitment to editorial independence, integrity, and quality. This role reports to AspenCore's Executive Editor.
Position available to work remotely anywhere within the US.
What you will be doing
- Oversee the day-to-day development, production, and distribution of digital content including podcasts, newsletters, eBooks, and video for EE Times
- Plan, create, and manage detailed content schedules for EE Times; assign articles and other content acquisitions to freelancers; use analytics to drive topics and assign writers
- Regularly write articles for EE Times and develop other content in coordination with other publications' needs and larger AspenCore projects
- Program and moderate events, both in-person and virtual; contribute to other editors' events as needed
- Actively grow freelance writer pool that aligns with EE Times' content strategy, topics, and deliverables; develop relationships that inspire freelancers to prioritize EETimes assignments
- Contribute to strategic discussions about EE TImes, other AspenCore publications, larger content initiatives, event strategy, content quality, and similar
- Plan and execute large-scale editorial projects including books, industry reports/research, and initiatives
- Demonstrate excellence in publishing quality and standards, professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm at all times
- Contribute to strategic discussions with Marketing, Sales, and Audience Development teams
- Assist the Executive Editor in leading a team of world-class editors to embrace the vision set for multiple newsrooms
- Assist the Executive Editor in developing workflows that enable reporters and editors to work efficiently and effectively to report stories on the optimal platform at the optimal time
- Assist Executive Editor in evaluating content and editorial quality, as well as with initiatives related to the style guide and its application
- Assist the Executive Editor in developing editorial team members' skills and knowledge to help them build their careers
- Hire and manage 1 direct report.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 3 years working in the electronics/semiconductor industry;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Editor-in-Chief
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a busy news publication assessing, developing, acquiring, and publishing creative daily news coverage that builds and serves a loyal, engaged audience
- Experience with content planning
- Demonstrable experience with multiple media types, such as podcasts, video, and webinars; demonstrable experience with a wide variety of content types, including news, proposals, instructions, procedures, and others
- Demonstrable social media presence/following and industry connections
- Familiarity with SEO and social best practices
- Growth mindset
- B2B media experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or technical writing, or bachelor's in engineering with demonstrable writing and editing skills preferred
What's In It for You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the company's request and sole discretion.
AspenCore, a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is the largest publisher and marketing services provider in the electronics engineering and supply chain industry. We reach over 15 million technologists, designers, engineers, and managers. We connect this electronics community to reliable news, authoritative analysis, industry trends, and daily information on new technology. Writing and publishing to 30+ global media sites focused on more than 24 application and technology areas, with reach to an audience of over 140 million serving as a global briefing and information service for technology, innovation, & entrepreneurship.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$91,600.00 - $115,500.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)
Marketing and Communications
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.