Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. We help organizations – including Comcast, ICIJ, NASA, UBS, and Volvo Cars – capture the rich context of the real world that exists in their data to solve challenges of any size and scale. Our customers transform their industries by curbing financial fraud and cybercrime, optimizing global networks, accelerating breakthrough research, and providing better recommendations. Neo4j delivers real-time transaction processing, advanced AI/ML, intuitive data visualization, and more. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
The Director of Content & Storytelling will lead Neo4j’s global storytelling and content to drive audience engagement. This role will oversee the Global Content team to support the needs of the organization and as the primary corporate messaging expert and storyteller. Content strategy will be upheld to guide decisions on journey stage, channel, and form factor to ensure content more impactful within global integrated campaigns, evergreen programs, executive support, local needs in the regions, and/or partnerships. This role has a huge impact on the company’s impact and perception as it embraces creativity and the nuances of our audience personas.
This role is a highly-visible role and requires collaboration with nearly all disciplines of marketing, sales, HR, and executive leadership. It reports directly into the Vice President of Corporate Marketing.
- Serve as the primary corporate messaging expert and storyteller, embracing the positioning and messaging strategy to infuse and uphold it throughout the organization.
- Build corporate level message maps and architecture(s) to ensure clarity and consistency while connecting to the product level messaging strategy in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Imagine and build all corporate content to delight various target audiences in deliverables like events, web, video scripts, blogs, corporate deck, elevator story, etc.
- Establish our voice, in partnership with the Brand team, to infuse humanity and personality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Brand & Creative, Corp Comms, Executive Comms, HR, or other teams to drive cohesion with thought leadership and business-level moments, assets, and experiences.
- Educate and enable all stakeholders in scalable ways (on-demand, written guidance, etc) to ensure people know how and where to use the story for the most impact. Train all agencies globally.
- Help define, teach, and own corporate content strategy with recommendations on the best ways to reach audiences, locations, funnel maturity, and other factors.
- Partner with brand/creative on theme/campaign concept development and Field Marketing for cultural nuances.
- Work with web and digital teams on building out creative content portals and/or experiences that put valuable information at the audiences fingertips, encouraging frictionless activity for the user.
- Take an active role in SEO enhancements and build that into content and copy wherever possible.
- Evaluate content processes, engagements, and metrics with growth in mind, constantly looking for ways to focus resources where they have the most impact.
- Manage six members of the content team, exploring processes and responsibilities within a growing organization in order to scale naturally and proactively. Nurture team health and growth as a steadfast listener, learner, teacher, and coach.
- 15+ years of experience in leading content programs and/or functions, demonstrating how you bring value to a company through strategy, building, and delivery.
- Zest to tell a story in a relatable way that excites employees, intrigues external audiences, and gains momentum to drive the business.
- Ability to build and present your ideas, socializing strategy, plans, and results among senior leaders and peers at every level
- Commitment to driving change through positive and affable collaboration, infusing personality and brand into everything you create or contribute
- Strong project management skills with the ability to tap into cross-functional support seamlessly
- Desire to nurture a team within a fun, curious, approachable, vibrant culture
- Ultimately excited to look at metrics of success to anchor your work, and willingness to learn and change based on results. Openness to trying new ideas, push agencies to help ideate, and bring the internal and external contributors along with you.
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category. We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.
More information at www.neo4j.com.
More Information on Neo4j
Neo4j operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA. Neo4j was founded in 2007. It has 529 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 25 open jobs at Neo4j, click here.
Read Full Job Description