Digital Merchant at Pacific Cycle
We help people make the most of their bike ride by creating some of the most original, easy to enjoy, and best performing bicycle products.
We make bikes for everybody – as cycling develops and grows worldwide, we’re looking for more great people to join us. If you’re looking to enjoy working in a culture of innovation with a team of like-minded people, then we may have something for you here.
If you love riding bikes as much as we do, then we’re already on the same page. Let’s see what we can create together.
We inspire the world to ride! Pacific Cycle makes the world’s finest bikes, bike accessories, and battery-powered ride-on toys for recreational and family fun. We make best-in-class products that are innovative, stylish, and enrich the consumer experience. Are you a creative thinker who loves bringing new ideas to life? Bring your enthusiasm to Pacific Cycle as we evolve our digital experience.
Join our team in Madison, WI as a Digital Merchant. You will be pivotal in achieving our success across multiple brand websites (Schwinn, Mongoose, and Kid Trax). You will work closely with the Digital Merchandising Manager and various cross functional teams to drive our assortment, pricing, merchandising, and promotional strategies from ideation to execution, ensuring we have the right consumer offering that delivers against brand, revenue, and margin goals for all sites. Because where else can you play with toys all day?!Read on for a few (but not all) of the responsibilities of the Digital Merchant:
- With the Digital Merchandising Manager, craft, update and maintain the web content and promotional calendar for Schwinn, Mongoose, and Kid Trax brand websites
- Coordinate with Digital Merchandising Manager and Brand Marketing Managers to launch key products and marketing campaigns on the brand websites
- Responsible for onsite merchandising operations including strategic collection creation, page sorts, on site search, and product cross-sell/up-sell
- Partner with design team on asset creation necessary to support the content calendar as outlined, staying abreast of content trends and consumer needs to create a site experience that drives sales while serving the consumer and elevating the brand voice
- Manage the Digital Content Associate facilitating professional development, workload prioritization, calendar adherence, and launch schedules
- Oversee Digital Content Associate in eCommerce content operations including uploading and modifying products, implementing promotions and marketing content, improve functionality and optimization
- Become a confident user of our CMS and other backend and 3rd party systems, acting as back up to the Digital Content Associate for content updates
- Fully understand all site components including how they function and how they are configured
- Collaborate with UI/UX, creative, and marketing teams on layouts, wireframes, navigation, and full customer experience journeys, project manage customer facing updates in these areas to the brand sites
Communicativeness | Problem Solving & Decision Making | Technical Expertise | Organizing & Planning | Strategic ThinkingEducation & Experience Requirements
This role typically requires at least 5 years of related experience driving website merchandising and content planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading or mentoring others
- Intimate knowledge of eCommerce and content best practices
- Working knowledge of responsive design and mobile first best practices
- Detailed knowledge of reporting suites such as Google Analytics
- Experience managing content within Shopify is preferred
- Experience managing a promotional calendar with an eye on profitability and effectiveness
- A desire and curiosity to continually question, learn, and grow in your role
- Experience in the bicycle industry or closely related sporting industry a plus
- Experience working with global teams in a virtual capacity
Headquartered in Wisconsin, Pacific Cycle has locations in Illinois, Georgia, California. Our culture is as fun and lively as the lifestyle brands we represent where innovative ideas are welcomed, and customer satisfaction is our top priority. Opportunities at Pacific Cycle span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the consumer are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. For additional information, please click here. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for a role with or participate in the hiring process with the Company, please let us know.