Digital Content Strategist, CNN Underscored at Warner Bros. Discovery (Remote)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
CNN Underscored is seeking a full-time, social media expert to help expand our reach across TikTok. Reporting into Underscored's Social Lead, the Digital Content Strategist will primarily be responsible for filming, editing and programming creative and original short-form video concepts that include shoppable links and engaging social copy and voiceover. The role will also require daily maintenance to our highly organized TikTok content calendar, contributions to our existing Instagram Reels efforts, and daily data tracking as a part of our monthly social reporting needs. The ideal candidate will have an impressive background in social media, commerce and high-quality journalism, and should possess the drive to take our overall social strategies to the next level with compelling storytelling and engagement tactics that will attract new followers and resonate with our existing audience. The candidate should be able to analyze data and monitor feedback from our community and confidently translate it into actionable next steps. The Digital Content Strategist should also be a video editing pro and have a proven track record of growing national brands or media outlets' TikTok channels, understands best practices, and feel comfortable juggling multiple tasks and working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Reporting into Underscored's Social Lead, this role will support the overall social media strategy on TikTok
- Create and publish 5-6 videos per week; this includes identifying and securing product, creating shot lists, recording voiceover, performing a series of edits, sourcing trending sounds, and creating social copy and shoppable affiliate links
- Research and identify products to feature on our TikTok channel, working and communicating daily with brands and PR to secure products
- Oversee and update the highly organized TikTok content calendar (experience with Monday.com is a huge plus)
- Support the team's Instagram and Facebook Reels efforts, consistently repurposing TikTok videos in a way that targets our existing audiences on other channels
- Take part in social and editorial brainstorm meetings to discuss upcoming tentpole events and other original concept ideas based on social or seasonal trends
- Monitor the Underscored editorial calendar and work cross-functionally with our editors' to create social-first concepts that unify the work they're doing with our social videos
- Support the Social Coordinator with community management, responding to TikTok comments and monitoring feedback that'll help inform future content
- Support the teams existing social commerce efforts, creating direct links using custom affiliate UIDs (experience with Trackonomics, Skimlinks, Linktree, Amazon Associates, and Howl is a huge plus)
- Track, analyze and report on monthly TikTok data to include in the team's monthly social reporting decks (experience presenting on data in a compelling way is a huge plus)
- Support other areas of the social team when needed (Facebook, Twitter, Apple News, Outbrain)
Qualifications & Experience...
- 2-3 years' of TikTok experience at a national brand or media outlet (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest knowledge is a huge plus)
- 2 or more years' social video editing experience (must be familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Proven track record of expanding social reach and creating viral video content on TikTok
- High-level knowledge of tools social tools (Dash Hudson, Later, Monday.com, and Canva are a huge plus)
- Background in commerce/shopping
- Familiarity with social commerce and direct linking
- Comfortability appearing on camera as a personality is a must
- Must understand social best practices
- Strong understanding of data and analytics
- Flawless grammar or spelling
- Flawless communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage a handful of different tasks at once
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $59,500.00 - $110,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].