Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- The Core Body Structures Subject Matter Expert is a true leader in your field and the ‘go-to’ person within Rivian.
- Develop the roadmap for Rivian’s Body light-weighting strategy in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Research, design, test, characterize and catalog advanced light-weighting technologies to enable best-in-world customer experiences.
- Ensure alignment between light-weighting strategy and current/future manufacturing equipment capabilities.
- The scope of the role covers a “Cradle to Grave” approach from future technology development through implementation and lessons learned/issue prevention.
- Develop and maintain Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Develop and maintain standardized Quality Documents: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.
- Ensure Campaign Prevention is embedded within standards & guidelines.
- Decompose new vehicle level functional requirements into system, subsystem, and component level requirements.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving on systemic issues including interfaces with other domains.
- Serve as a centralized resource to Design and Release Engineers on all light-weighting topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material & Welding, or similar; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ of progressively responsible experience in the individual’s field of study with demonstrated experience and success.
- Thorough and complete mastery of respective field. Must be familiar with technologies, products, and core engineering principles.
- Strong history of innovation in automotive product development.
- Ability to research, conceive, prototype, build, test, and classify new light-weighting technologies.
- Needs to be able to come up with a new idea for light-weight materials, prototype and test it quickly using ad-hoc processes, recommend production feasible processes (including ideas for new manufacturing equipment if needed), use production representative process to fully characterize the material’s capability, and create a system/library for cataloging material for specific application parameters.
- Experience in developing performance requirements and test methods for Body Structures.
- Demonstrated advanced technology project management.
- A deep passion and innate curiosity.
- Desire to not only research, design, and develop first-in-world light-weighting technologies but to also put them into production.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.