Copywriter at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Commerce platform that combines chat, video, email, and AI to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the Role
Can you write short, punchy headlines and engaging landing page copy? Can you decode technical jargon and turn it into conversational, playful prose? Do you enjoy owning the campaign messaging for marketing launches? If you answered yes to all the above, we want to talk to you.
At Drift, we love telling stories. Stories people actually want to read, watch, and listen to.
That’s why we write like we talk. No frills and no googling complex business terms required.
Drift Marketing is looking for a creative copywriter to join our Content & Community team and take our storytelling to the next level. In this role, you’ll shape and own the Drift brand voice across web, campaigns, content, advertising, events, and more.
About the Team
The Content & Community team at Drift is uniquely focused on sharing best practices, thought leadership, and industry trends to sales and marketing teams through storytelling and original content. We are curious, question the status quo, dig deep into data, and know the power of a great story. We work closely with creative, demand generation, product, sales, and customer marketing teams to deliver high-quality content our buyers and customers love — and our pipeline needs.
What You’ll Do as Drift’s Copywriter
- Shape the Drift voice and style guide
- Create and write copy for web, campaigns, ads, email, video, landing pages, executive presentations, events, and internal positioning documents
- Copyedit and mentor Drift employees on the Drift brand voice and instill best practices across our company
- Work with numerous stakeholders and teams across demand generation, creative, product marketing, campaigns, customer marketing, digital, and more
- Manage multiple projects for various clients
What You Bring to the Table
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience on a marketing team or brand/advertising agency
- A compelling portfolio of original work that’s both conceptual and results-driven
- A quick wit, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A sharp editorial eye and strong attention to detail, with the ability to provide constructive, comprehensive feedback to peers, partners, and leadership
- Ability to lead and execute campaign narratives and messaging
- A love of storytelling and reading — this role demands someone who loves the spoken and written word, and understands the power of a compelling pitch
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in B2B marketing, SaaS software, or relevant industries a plus
- Prior copyediting experience a plus
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork — and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote