About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Marketing Team:
The marketing team at JW Player is a small team with big ambitions. The goal of the marketing team is to build awareness and drive demand for the leading online video platform for businesses that rely on video. Our principals are: Move fast. Take calculated risks. Execute. And do more of what’s working.
The Direct Response Copywriter position is a key part of the demand generation engine. The role is responsible for creating content that entices responses with compelling copy and strong call-to-actions. The role will lead the creation of emails, direct mail, call scripts, advertising copy, etc. for campaigns whose purpose is to create marketing qualified leads (MQLs) for the sales team.
As a Copywriter, Direct Response you will:
- Own all direct response copy, including email, paid ads copy, display ad copy, social posts landing pages, direct mail, and more.
- Collaborate with other writers on the marketing team and brainstorm on powerful and compelling titles for thought leadership, webinars, whitepapers, etc.
- Build nurture email copy for specific segments such as industry, persona, etc.
- Write email copy, LinkedIn copy and call scripts for the sales and sales development rep (SDR) team
- Edit content from other team members, as needed
- Collaborate with design team to optimize copy for medium
- Assisting the web team in development of landing pages and blog posts.
- Analyzing results from campaigns to determine what copy is working and why.
Requirements of the role:
- 2+ years of experience writing for B2B audiences - SaaS experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, major in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Screenwriting, Marketing, or Communication
- Expert knowledge in writing direct-response, conversion-oriented copy across a number of different mediums, and direct-response best practices.
- Ability to learn nuances of various personas (both decision makers and influences) across a number of different verticals / industries and craft tailored content.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with short deadlines.
- Understands importance of testing and how to set up controlled experiments.
- Understand how copy impacts the user journey, conversion, and campaign performance metrics & be able to optimize as a result.
- Flexible with job role and responsibilities as priorities shift.
Perks of being at JW Player
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.