Copywriter (Contract, Remote - US) at Smule
Copywriter (Contract, Remote - US)
The Smule mission is to connect the world through music. Smule is the most downloaded singing app of all time and is a Top 10 grossing music app on the app stores in the US and in many markets worldwide. As a leader in collaborative music creation, Smule is an incredibly fun product that’s bringing more happiness to the world through creative expression. Our culture mirrors our mission, with a team that works hard but also has lots of fun while we're at it.
We’re looking for a strategic copywriter to join our Growth Marketing team, responsible for conceptualizing and executing compelling, results-driven marketing and product copy. You’ll support the Smule organization by delivering copy that reflects Smule’s value proposition and positioning, and achieves goals ranging from awareness and acquisition to engagement and retention. You’ll manage your own projects and timelines, and will be responsible for communicating status and deliverables to stakeholders. As a brand guardian, you’ll oversee the organization’s messaging, ensuring its consistency with our communication guide and looking for ways to leverage data to inform and optimize content.
If you’re someone who thrives on project variety and is looking to take ownership of writing assignments, big and small, this position is for you! Whether it's turning around TikTok ad copy or supporting a comprehensive brand campaign, you're a self-starter who loves the challenge of upleveling basic briefs into relatable, engaging content that speaks to the audience and encourages action.
- Lead copywriting for the organization, with a focus on marketing and product copy
- Support our B2C brand by delivering copy that reflects Smule’s value proposition and positioning, and achieves goals, ranging from awareness and acquisition to engagement and retention
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product and Creative teams to deliver and create highly effective copy to support initiatives, including brand and seasonal campaigns, product launches, new features and updates, UX, promotions, organic and paid social content, PR, advertising and more
- Manage your own projects – create schedules with your marketing/product/design partners, negotiate timing and tradeoffs with stakeholders, and ensure projects stay on track
- Serve as the voice of Smule, with a focus on clarity, consistency, and remaining true to our brand
- Contribute to ongoing brand content ideation and develop concepts that are on-brief and on-strategy
- 4+ years writing professionally in-house or at an agency
- A strong portfolio with 3-5 writing samples that demonstrate strategic thinking, creativity and impressive marketing & product copywriting experience
- Results-driven content strategy experience a plus
- A reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Great presentation skills with the ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback
- A supportive, collaborative, and empathetic spirit, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. You have an intuitive understanding of word choice and sentence construct, especially for language translation
- Deep knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words and proper use of grammar, punctuation, acronyms, etc.
Exceptional candidates will have…
- Experience with Jira
- Written fluency in other languages (please include in your cover letter)
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts and collaborating with team members to draft intelligent, compelling content to support product and marketing across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices in writing marketing and advertising copy