Copy Manager, Gilt at Rue Gilt Groupe
THE ROLE: Copy Manager, GILT
We’re looking for…
A Copy Manager that will lead the Gilt Creative Copywriters to help ensure the voice of the brand. The Gilt Copy Manager will be able to help define a creative vision and work with cross-functional departments as well as alongside art directors and designers to bring their ideas to life. This role requires a keen understanding of team as well as the abilities to be self-sufficient, multi-tasking, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
What you’ll accomplish: You will…
- Be accountable for upholding and evolving the Gilt voice.
- Be responsible for the concept and creation of Gilt copy that will live on the site as well as within marketing assets, and email content – holding staff to high voice standards.
- Effectively manage employees ranging from Jr to Sr level.
- Determine copy project content with writers then review and approve copy materials developed by staff.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to Voice Director.
- Enhance department by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Partner with Voice Director on marketing strategies by examining project objectives; and overseeing copy creation through all Marketing assets.
- Manage all owned copy/content guides within area of business.
- Stay current with copy/editorial, retail, technology, and industry trends to keep the Gilt team and voice inspired.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- A creative problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with people, project and resource management.
- 2-3 years of management experience of up to 4 direct reports.
- An understanding of the latest creative trends in fashion as well as new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Experience leading thought
- Ability to communicate well with staff and clients.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in marketing communications.
- Experience with coaching employees.
- A proactive, can-do mindset
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques – including digital media.
- The ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to work in a highly visible role as a leader at Rue Gilt Groupe.
- The ability to lead world-class talent and work.
- The chance to influence Gilt’s brand voice as it evolves.
- A collaborative team environment that focuses on professional growth and development.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other