Contract Staff Writer, Tech at TechnologyAdvice (Remote)
Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, we are a remote-first company with more than 20 digital publications and over 500 global team members in the US, UK, Singapore, and Australia. We’re proud to have been repeatedly recognized as one of America’s fastest growing private companies by Inc., as well as a Tennessee top workplace. We work hard each day and have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
All positions are open to remote work unless otherwise specified in the requirements below. Physical office locations include Nashville, Tennessee and Louisville, Kentucky.
We are looking to add talented Staff Writers to our growing team! As a Staff Writer you will create high-quality, authoritative content for technology buyers and related professionals with a focus on a specified topic. You will work either PH or US hours. The Staff Writer has 1-2 years of hands-on experience in a technology or related IT field or 2-3 years of experience writing about IT/tech, knows the subject inside and out, and is able to provide our audience with the best answers to their questions about cybersecurity and other related topics. Previous writing experience is required. This highly collaborative role works closely with our US-based Content Editor and Director of Content.
What you'll do
- Write publishable first drafts of daily news articles and product review content – or work equivalent – each week after the first 90 days of employment
- Consistently meet deadlines with articles of the highest quality
- Keep our reader top of mind when thinking about content
- Demonstrate expertise in their specified field
- Work under the direction of a Content Editor or Director of Content to ideate future articles or ways to upgrade existing content in field of expertise
- Understand and use our product-scoring rubric to inform your articles
- Clearly articulate the best answer to our reader’s questions with the guidance of our Content Editor
- Understand keyword research
- Create copy that can be used in supplemental content elements such as infographics, quizzes, calculators, and pop-ups
- Work closely with our WordPress Production Assistant, Graphic Designers, or other available resources when necessary
- Contact software providers to get accurate information for reviews and Buyers Guides and regularly views recorded partner demonstrations to ensure they are current on latest offerings
- Create or reviews article synopses and creates outlines based on keyword research
- Understand how each piece of content fits within the buyer journey
- Analyze performance data related to previously written content
- Suggest elements in their content and use of call out boxes, 10x graphics, and lead magnets
Who you are
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written) and pay close attention to grammar and spelling
- Previous topic-specific research and writing experience and can share samples of your work
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and organized
- Love finding ways to keep operations efficient while not letting quality suffer
- Self-motivated and able to manage your time with little oversight
- Open to feedback and strive to learn something new every day
- Passionate about delivering the best answers to people’s questions
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly
- Have access to a reliable high-speed internet connection
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the Philippines at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the Philippines throughout their employment with our company.
We believe that our differences make us stronger, and thus foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.