Content Writer at ServiceTitan (Remote)
As a Technical Writer at ServiceTitan, you'll be supporting our commercial and construction customers through engaging and effective documentation, including release notes, training content, and supporting documentation for new features, product improvements, and other customer-facing needs. You'll collaborate with other writers, developers, quality engineers, product managers, support, and usability experts. You'll assist in the creation and maintenance of content in the the ServiceTitan Knowledge Base as well as implementation content for our customers as they migrate to ServiceTitan.
What you'll do:
- Produce with impact: Learn the product and help us develop effective content solutions for assigned feature components. This includes creating documentation and architecting content that promotes self-service and efficiency across our customer base.
- Write clean and clear copy: Author easy-to-understand customer-facing guides and Help articles that meet style and editorial standards.
- Identify and update: Help identify and track documentation areas affected by UI changes and new features and plan for updates or new content accordingly.
- Audit and optimize: Participate in continuous reviews and audits, including the maintenance, of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content accuracy and architecture.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: Work with product managers, analysts, and subject matter experts to get an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
- Contribute and participate: Actively contribute to team discussions and meetings to improve content guidelines and team processes as needs grow.
- Manage content solutions for assigned areas: Manage tasks and needs for assigned areas from beginning to end, including tracking and updating tasks through JIRA and similar project management tools.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in technical writing or other non-fiction, technical, or educational content
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of information and multi-tiered processes
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and through images/media
- Ability to write in a conversational and inviting manner
- Ability to quickly pick up voice and tone, including other content strategies and methods used by the team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and technical skills with little to no guidance
A plus if you have
- Experience with Google Suite, Confluence/JIRA, Pendo
- Professional editing, API writing, grant writing, journalism, or instructional design experience
- Knowledge of home services industries and terms for plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and the like
- Experience with software development/SaaS or educational equivalent
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in using diagramming tools like LucidChart, Miro to convey user or system workflows
- Experience with data insight tools such as Google Analytics to help drive content prioritization and to track content engagement
Please submit a writing portfolio (3-5 writing samples) that demonstrates your ability to produce efficient and clearly written documentation. The portfolio should exhibit your ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts. A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.