Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Knowledge Management, supports global, customer-facing content creation and maintenance, internal documentation, localization efforts, and training .
As a Content Strategist, Technical Writer you will write and maintain educational content for a variety of Coinbase customers and teams, including Help Center articles and product related content.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e. Job Duties)
- Partner with stakeholders to translate complex ideas, concepts, and developments into customer-friendly content that deflects customer support inquiries, builds trust in the Coinbase brand, and inspires further engagement.
- Continuously improve on our content across support products in service of Customer Experience goals.
- Collaborate with designers and product teams to produce collateral that shapes our brand and helps future customers get started in crypto.
- Optimize your content on a regular basis working backwards from data.
- Regularly review performance metrics to better understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Create content for a variety of product lines for different Coinbase user segments and Coinbase teams and know when your technical expertise needs to be put into lay terms and when it needs to remain technical in nature.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience - with a background in technical writing for customers, specifically.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, spreadsheets, Google Docs, JIRA.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Ability to deftly handle feedback and edits from partners across the company: peers, subject matter expertise, and the Legal team.
- Experience working with designers to tell (and show) the best story possible.
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission.
Nice to haves
- Experience working within or directly with Customer Experience organizations.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency industry.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.