We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Content Strategy team at Coinbase works to educate and inspire current and future customers about the benefits of crypto and current and future employees about Coinbase values. Our educational multimedia content lives inside and outside of the product and supports Retail, Institutional, Ecosystem and Parent Co brand and acquisition efforts.
Coinbase’s Content Strategist, Institutional will work closely with the Institutional Content, Product Marketing Manager (PMM), Brand and Communications teams to help produce high impact, content-led marketing activities that amplify and reinforce the intelligence and relevance of our institutional brand, and bolster growth across a variety of institutional client segments. This person will support generation of thought leadership, education and resources that can be used to drive awareness and the value props of our institutional offerings across many channels.
The ideal candidate brings knowledge of writing, publishing for print and web, and a high-level understanding of cryptocurrency and/or the fintech industry. Additionally, this person has developed a project management skill set with an attention to detail and flawless execution capabilities. As it relates to the craft, this candidate demonstrates resourcefulness; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a driving curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-paced world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help drive our narrative and raise our institutional profile by supporting the production of whitepapers, case studies, research and market commentary, among other content products.
- Help maintain and update our thought leadership forecast and project schedules.
- Support production of institutional landing pages and client insights emails.
- Manage the Institutional content inventory and quarterly maintenance schedule.
- Collaborate closely with the institutional marketing teams to help schedule, amplify, and cross-promote institutional content programs.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Expertise in financial content marketing. You have proven experience supporting content production for products, financial instruments, and asset classes across financial services relevant to institutional investors, financial institutions, family offices, funds, and VCs.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we publish has the potential to significantly affect people’s lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Initiative and collaboration. We’re at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way is essential to everyone’s success.
- Self-starter with a flexible mentality. In shades of gray, you are comfortable devising an informed point of view. You don’t need firm guidelines in place in order to get started. In fact, you are happy to put something down that everyone can work from.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We’re a culture of learners and we encourage a humble approach.
- A passion for writing and editing. Grammar checks and second opinions are encouraged.
- Relentless drive for accuracy. We care about what we say and how we say it.
Nice to haves:
- A passion for (or at least a familiarity with) crypto or Fintech.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.