Content Strategist (B2B) at LaneTerralever (Phoenix, AZ)
LaneTerralever encourages a culture of independent thought, innovation, and problem-solving – finding great solutions to new challenges. We are extremely motivated but have a great respect for work-life balance. We’re not big on egos and attitudes – we’re all here to learn from each other, create amazing work for our clients and to help shape the industry we work in. If you want to work for a firm that honors your experience, integrity, and passion for the business, then we are the company for you.
LaneTerralever uses a flexible approach to work planning that gives each team member the opportunity to learn new skills, grow, and contribute outside of their primary discipline. Under this system, team members will periodically be invited and supported to broaden their capabilities based on other interests they may have.Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Content Strategist will lead the development of LaneTerralever’s (LT’s) B2B content marketing efforts. While the primary responsibility will be focused on the LT brand, there will be opportunities to work on content for our parent company, Experience Dynamic (XD). You must be a great writer, self-starter, extremely motivated, and organized to be an asset in the fast-paced nature of this team.
The Content Strategist will lead content development in support of the strategy aimed at
positioning LaneTerralever as a thought leader in the national marketing and customer
experience agency landscape. Your work will ultimately drive more leads for the agency and enable our sales team to close business more quickly and efficiently.
While you will not be working on client work you will promote the great work our team does. This role is perfect for someone who is a writer by trade but is open to diving into other areas to support the team as needed. You will be part content writer, part editor/strategist, and might be asked to help with aspects like paid media and visuals from time to time.
A critical element of this position is the candidate’s ability to balance the need for speed with purpose and the importance craftsmanship plays in winning content. While we have a strategy in place we’ll be looking for the candidate to play a larger role in the evolution of our content strategy over time.
Will report to the VP of Marketing, who will provide mentorship, oversight, and assistance with your day-to-day responsibilities and career growth.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with VP of Marketing to develop an editorial calendar
- Act as the primary writer for various types of content including:
- Thought Leadership Campaigns:
- Work with marketing and brand strategy team to develop reports including Customer Insight Reports and Digital CX Reports in specific industry verticals
- Ability to provide feedback to members of the internal teams we collaborate with on content (most often Brand Strategy, Content Marketing teams, and sometimes external research partners)
- Blog Content
- Landing Page Content
- Marketing Email Content
- Case Studies / Work Shares:
- Interview internal team members to unearth insights about our client work that can be told as stories that will be meaningful to prospective clients
- New Page Content:
- Develop written content for new pages on LT website with an SEO lens
- Develop written content for campaign landing pages
- Content Proofing:
- Help with proofing or quality assurance so strong attention to detail is important
- Thought Leadership Campaigns:
- Attend weekly sales & marketing meetings (showcase the previous week's content along with content on the horizon)
- Arm members of the sales, marketing, and account services teams with the content they need in order to do outreach
- While most content we develop will be a part of a plan we will occasionally need support creating ad-hoc content for specific outreach or meeting
- Collaborate weekly with the intern on a social media content calendar
- Develop an understanding of what type of content resonates with a b2b audiences
- Sponsored posts/paid social media support on the content we want to amplify
- The primary focus is on LT brand but we also want to build the XD brand
- Background in writing or content marketing
- 2-3 years of experience in writing or content development
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or a related field is preferred
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines on projects
- Natural ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Have a passion for the latest and greatest in technology, marketing, advertising, communications, and innovation
- Driven to accept responsibility and accountability for work while seeking opportunities for additional challenges and growth
- Experience working with marketing tools like CRM/CMS is a plus but not required (bonus if you've worked in the Hubspot platform)
- Experience working in project management tools (Our current tool is Target Process but this experience is not required)
- Google Suite (Working on spreadsheets and presentation decks)
If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No phone calls or agencies, please.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.