Commissioning Editor (multiple headcounts) at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
Taylor & Francis Group aims to foster human progress through knowledge by supporting, validating and connecting the work of researchers and other knowledge producers.
As a member of our global content acquisition team, the key purpose of a Commissioning Editor is to commission high-quality article submissions, delivering an ongoing pipeline of published material across a broad scope of Taylor & Francis Journals, across a range of subject areas including Science, Technology and Medicine, Social Sciences and Humanities.
This role will involve undertaking detailed analysis of academic fields and growth areas, understanding the breadth of research outputs in those areas and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of publishing with Taylor & Francis. You will need to build relationships with the research community and work closely alongside our journal Editors and Editorial Boards, as well as Editorial, Marketing, Operation teams.
Please submit your application before advert. closing date of Jun. 15th 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- Commission high quality article collections for Taylor & Francis life science and health science journals, to increase the number of submissions and quality of the publications
- Regularly conduct structured analysis of relevant academic fields, using a range of tools, to identify areas of growth and potential opportunities to drive article submissions across the portfolio.
- Identify and approach key target researchers and research groups in Asia to develop and implement structured commissioning plans.
- Build strong networks with these researchers via 1:1 discussion, presentations, conference attendance etc and engage them in discussion regarding potential Article Collections and submission to Taylor & Francis journals. You will work closely with them to act as key ambassadors and advocates to encourage submissions from their community.
- Liaise closely with Editors, authors, and other key partners to ensure delivery of the content pipeline.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our Editorial Policies, ensuring these are followed during the content commissioning
- Introduce T&F’s Open Access and Open Science new products and activities to research communities
What we’re looking for:
- Master degree and above in life science and health science.
- Demonstrable experience in scientific publishing, content acquisition is preferred
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Strong organizational skills, high efficiency and attention to details
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to work to (often competing) deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex trouble-shooting
- Able to work cooperatively with local and global colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers)
- Active interest in open access, open data and open science, as well as in publishing and related matters
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in China
- This is a full-time role which is open to candidates in all locations across China
- Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between
- Some travels(Covid-19 restrictions allow) may be required
- This is a new team to be built with multiple headcounts budgeted
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.